How You Can Help
Oaks serves 80 people with developmental disabilities in private apartments and other supported living settings in Northern California.
The organization employs 30 people and has an operating budget of $1,000,000 annually. The majority of Oaks budget comes from contracted services through North Bay Regional Center which is one of 21 case management offices under the jurisdiction of the California Department of Developmental Services. These funds are inadequate, however, to keep pace with increasing costs of housing and specialized employment; therefore, we also need gifts from individuals, churches, organizations, and businesses.
There are several ways you can help Oaks of Hebron’s clients. This includes:
- Cash gifts
Online Giving via GiveEffect: Fast, secure and the easiest way to help!
eScrip Signup & register your Safeway card and/or your credit cards and choose Oaks as your charity (our group ID #151761920) Your purchases will earn a % donation from the merchant.
GoodSearch Use this as your internet search engine with Oaks designated as your charity and each search gives Oaks a penny. You can also shop online through theGoodSearch link to have the merchant donate a percentage to Oaks.
Ways of Giving
Your gift to Oaks of Hebron, regardless of amount, is important to us. We are grateful for the support of our extended family and friends, which allows Oaks of Hebron to maintain and develop a complete life-enhancing the program for our clients.
There are many ways you can give to Oaks.
- Gifts by Check: Gifts by check are the easiest and most popular form of a gift to Oaks of Hebron. Your gift is generally tax-deductible. A pledge, given over 2 or 3 years may allow you to increase your overall gift and may be an option you want to consider.
- Securities: Gifts of securities are welcome and may be given outright or pledged over time. Your charitable deduction for appreciated stock can be significant.
- Real Estate/Vacation Properties and Personal Property: Gifts of real estate may be donated. One may also receive tax benefits for giving gifts of personal tangible property such as valued artwork, antiques, and cars.
Other Gift Options
- Bequests: By giving a gift by will to Oaks of Hebron, you are able to make a significant future gift resulting in savings on your estate taxes.
- Annuity Trusts: You can create a trust by transferring cash or securities to Oaks of Hebron in return for a fixed annual income for life.
- Life Insurance: Naming Oaks of Hebron either sole or co-beneficiary of your life insurance policy allows you to give a gift while at the same time receiving tax savings of the premium payments and your estate taxes.
This is a summary of just a few ways you can make a charitable contribution to Oaks of Hebron and is not intended as legal advice. As tax regulations change, you should consult with informed counsel when making estate plans.